Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My First Post

At the advice of my good friend and college roommate, I have decided to start a blog. I hope it will serve as a way for me to keep myself entertained in the middle of the night. Also, I hope to give all you working people something mildly entertaining to look at during the workday.

Lately, I've been going to bed around 6am as the sun is starting to come up. Once winter rolls around, I'll hardly ever see sunlight if I keep this up. I've tried staying up all day so that I could sleep at night. It didn't really work because I ended up sleeping for 14 hours, and the vicious cycle starts again.

I got some really great news today. My friend, Louisa, told me about a really great sounding job in New York. I'm really interested and plan to take the necessary steps to apply. The main thing keeping me back is the fact I haven't written a resume yet. I've been in the process of trying to start for a while, but just can't quite get myself to do it. But this job sounds great, so I might have to get over my laziness. I also have a virtual interview tomorrow. I applied to become a tutor for an internet-based tutoring company (Tutor.com). Tomorrow, I have a mock session in which I will be helping a Tutor.com representative - posing as a student - through some algebra questions. It's been a while since I've had to do any math, but I did a little review and it seems to be there still. The session is scheduled for 9pm, so I'm likely to blog about how it went afterwards.

Who is heading up to Dartmouth for Homecoming? It's the first Alumni Homecoming for 08s, should be pretty memorable. Anyone else really miss playing pong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun read. It's like reading a book, it's formal yet casual at the same time.

Deveranues Coles said...

NO I MISSED BEING THE FIRST COMMENTER. I SHOULD HAVE POSTED EARLIER WHEN I FIRST READ THIS JUNK