Friday, January 16, 2009

Sleepless in Bourne

I will have been awake for the past 36 hours at midnight. I woke up on Thursday at noon to go about my regular routine of checking my email, fantasy team, and monstertrak. I went to play basketball with the old men at CCA. There were only 6 of us there, but we somehow managed to play full court. After basketball, I spent the next 12-14 hours playing poker online. It was a pretty up and down night, but I ended up in the green. Then I went to watch the varisty team play. They won in a well contested game against Strugis Charter School, who had previously beat CCA for the first time in their history a few weeks earlier. This game was a statement game as in: The last games was a mistake. On so it was.

After the game, Chris, his gf, and I went to meet up with Conor and his gf. 5th wheel, that's me. We had a delicious dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. We went it a chinese restuarant (Tiki Port) for drinks and relaxation. We talked about a variety of things which included a lot of hilarious things that happened in high school. I will, in the future, devote a post on some of the antics we pulled, but now I must go sleep for many hours.

The last time I has been awake this long was a few months ago in college during finals period. I remember staying up 42 hours straight during the fall of senior year. I was taking an extra class, which became more papers and projects to do, so I was awake for a while. I remember trying to hang out with people after I finished my last paper, but found it difficult because I had become somewhat delirious. I don't feel that way this time. I feel pretty good considering I hadn't had any sleep in 36 hours. I think it's because I wasn't studying or researching or writing; I was simply staring at a computer screen and hitting buttons, but that's kind of like writing a paper anyway. I digress. I need some sleep. It get difficult because my eyes start to hurt when I close them, even when I blink, around 30 hours without sleep. I'll try anyway. Have a good weekend.

No comments: