Monday, January 12, 2009

Celebrity Sighting

I was in California a couple of weeks ago walking down Rodeo Drive and minding my own business when I saw a very familiar face. I knew I've seen this guy before, but I couldn't quite put a name to the face. I only knew that I've seen that face before. Do you know how this is?

It's Neal McDonough! You've probably seen this man in a lot of television shows and in movies. In 2002, he was in Minority Report with Tom Cruise. He followed up this success in 2003 with a significant role in the sci-fi thriller Timeline, alongside Paul Walker of The Fast and the Furious fame. Outdoing himself in yet again in 2004, he played the leading villian opposite Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in Walking Tall. In 2005, he voiced the Incredible Hulk in a video game, drawing from earlier experiences of playing the Hulk on television. In 2006, Neal played a US Coast Gurad Rescue Swimming Instructor with a cast that included the always powerful Kevin Costner and the Houdini of Hollywood, Ashton Kutcher. Kutcher's disappearance from the Hollywood spotlight is very puzzling. Some experts (this guy) think that this stunt may simply be a long and drawn out punking attempt on everyone, his greatest feat yet. Either that or he's suffering from personal demons that he's trying to deal with, so he left the spotlight to focus more on himself and his family. One of the two.

Back to my boy, Neal. I should say that I was never in California, ever. I saw Neal over the Christmas holiday on Cape Cod. I was at a bar (19th Hole) with some friends playing some darts and whatnot. Neal came in and was hanging out at the bar saying hello and shaking hands with the bartenders. Obviously, Neal knows this fine establishment and its people on a rather intimate level. It turns out that Neal is a Cape Cod product, a graduate of Barnstable High School. It was just cool to see him. There aren't too many famous people hanging out on the Cape in the winter. Yeah, so I saw a recognizable movie star in a small bar in Hyannis. Good times.

No comments: